photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rocking Chair

Before:

















First slipcover: needs something...






Much better!



















After:



*I used spray paint so don't look too closely! It isn't perfect but it's definitely an improvement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that. It will go with my room really well. You are so creative. Great job.
Bye bye.♥ ;)

Jan said...

Your a "rock" star. Or a "rocking" star I should say. Great job. Your mother will be proud. We are proud. Michael is proud. And Joe and you should be especially proud. Really. It is awesome.

Dani W said...

Oh I love it! Just to help you out in the paint department a little. You always have to use a primer... helps hold the paint better and the color. Second... you HAVE to sand. Use a fine grit paper, the higher the number the better use about 220 for this. Finally spray paint was defiantly the way to go you can get spray primers as well... you want to use and enamel because it is a harder paint it will be shinier than regular but you can top it with a matte finish spray if you don't want the glossy effect at the end. The enamel just helps with wear and tear. Good luck with finishing it... you have done really good I am inspired now I want a cute rocker!

Anonymous said...

It turned out adorable. Good job. I will come down and rock Michael in it soon. If it will hold me. Mom

Janet said...

WoW, I love the rocking chair!
It turned out really cute. :)