photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

6 Months Old


Happy 6 months Michael!




Sitting for about 5 seconds, about to fall backward.
Bulldog drooling!

This picture just makes me smile!

Michael's first day of life.


I agree with Emily about celebrating the first half birthday! Happy First Half Birthday Madelyn!!! I don't think there will be any cake involved, but maybe a nice dinner for mommy & daddy. Michael is 6 months today. I can hardly believe it. He is growing up so fast! He'll be 1 year old in only 6 more months! Hard to believe!

Today I took him in for his well baby check up and shots. He was smiling at the doctor and slobbering all over me; you'd think he'd have a tooth budding, but not yet. In the waiting room he'd pretty much smile at anyone that would look at him. He seemed more excited to see them than me at the time. The doctor told us he was in the 60th percentile. I figured he'd be higher up than that but I guess there are much bigger babies out there. He actually did really well with his shots. He cried for about 10 seconds during and after each shot. I gave him his pacifier & comforted him & he was just fine. He's a brave little boy!

I have to share this story. While we were waiting for them to call us back for his shots there was a family of a brother & sister. They were probably between 6-8 years old. The dad told them that if they didn't cry when they got their shots they would get lunch out. Then almost immediately after he did the sister started crying. He told her it was okay and cuddled her. You know he felt bad for saying that. They ended up going in before us to get their shots. Sure enough when they came out the little girl had tears rolling down her cheeks. Poor girl. I sure hope her daddy still bought her lunch, especially because he helped bring on the tears in the first place~

Here are the official stats:

Weight... 18lbs 7.4 oz

Height... 27.17 in

Head size...17.52 in


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe not as big as you thought, but still 17 lbs! Yeah, he was smiling at everyone, I love that! He'll get lots of attention this weekend...and definitely lots of kisses on those chubby cheeks.
Shelb

Em and Ms said...

Yay! Happy half birthday Michael! These pictures are so cute! I love the bulldog drool. I'm glad he did so well for you at the doctor. Madelyn's appointment is tomorrow--we'll have to compare!

Dani W said...

Thanks Kels,

I really appreciate your support. I am doing really well now though. You have such an adorable little boy!

Jan said...

Happy 6 months Michael. He is adorable Kelsey. He is going to be so loved on this week. Those cheeky weekies.

Anonymous said...

What a cute post.
Bye Bye.