photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Friday, August 29, 2008

Napping until morning

{Picture Via Flickr}


Nope the title is not describing me. It's not describing Michael either. Who else could it be? You guessed it. Joe. As most of you may know Joe has some sleep problems & usually doesn't sleep all that well at night. On average about once a week he'll come home from work around 5pm and tell me he's going to take a shower & then a nap. I'll say okay & know that I've got Michael on my own for at least 2 more hours, maybe more. Last night was a night for a nap.
He slept through Michael and I eating dinner.
He slept through Michael getting ready for bed.
He slept through Michael going to bed & falling asleep.
He slept through me painting the entire half bath.
Then when I was ready for bed after 11pm, He woke up. He's done this once before & woke up about the same time. I know it's not quite morning but he doesn't stay up for long. I can tell that he cooked a pizza by the remnants in the sink. I'm sure he came to bed soon after that. All I know was that I was out. Yesterday I weeded & painted. Big Mistake. My body is killer this morning. My hamstrings hurt the most. I'm sure it was from those blasted weeds. We are supposed to be going to the zoo today. Now I'm not sure I'll be able to walk. Maybe we can get a double stroller and Joe can push me & Michael.
After all he should be well rested.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Hilarious. Good idea on the stroller. So funny.

Dani W said...

I hear you on that... ryan has an extremely odd sleep cycle, if that is what you want to call it, being on swing shift hasn't made it any easier either. I have learned that when ryan is about to fall asleep... just let him lol. But he can nap like no ones business!!! He says he has sleeping problems from being on this ship... but he hasn't been on the ship for over a year now... Hhhmmm... oh well! Good luck with that I know it is frustrating.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Sounds a lot like my dad's sleeping patterns. For years and years he worked with people in other countries and was up at odd hours on the phone, but would then sleep during normal waking hours. All I know is that when you're tired, trying to keep going is miserable.

Hope you get your stroller ride.

Anonymous said...

I feel Joe's pain...not that my insomnia is anything compared to his...sleeping problems just suck! Hopefully you get your stroller ride Kels, sounds like a great way to spend a Friday, tell all the animals hello for me :)
Shelb

Anonymous said...

Don't do all the fun stuff before we get there. You can go ahead and lay the sod though. Not that much fun. Mom