photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My half done project

Yesterday while Michael was taking his naps I decided I wanted to do something crafty. It needed to be something I already had sitting around that I could do. I remembered that I had left over fabric from this project. I decided I'd try to make a blanket out of the left over fabric. I started out by cutting 7 inch squares. Then sewing a strip at a time followed by sewing all the strips together I have a half blanket- the top.

I can't wait to finish the blanket but need to buy batting & fabric for the back. I'm still not sure exactly how I'll finish putting it all together. I haven't decided if this will be for me (if I ever have a girl) or a gift.

*This is my first attempt at making a blanket all by myself. I can't believe how gutsy I've become lately in my crafting & sewing, but I'm loving it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!!!!!! You did a great job. You are so good at it. Maybe if you have a girl keep it, but if you don't give it as a gift. That is what I would do. Oh and that is a great way to use left over fabric. Really creative.
Bye bye.♥☺♥

Jan said...

You are doing a super job Kelsey. I am so proud of your efforts. It is amazing how you are just going for it. Good job. I love it.

Dani W said...

Wow... you did a awesome job kels! It looks GREAT!

Riggs Familia said...

I knew you had it in you! I'm glad you're being gusty. You won't know you like it or not until you try. I'm glad you did.
I think you should have another baby...from there you can decide if you wanna keep it or not ;)

Anonymous said...

Good job Kels! Waaaaaaaaay more ambitious than I am.
Shelby

Debie Spurgeon said...

So, did your mom teach you all your sewing skills? You are really good.

Kelsey said...

Debie- I always watched my mom sew & helped some- usually with tying a blanket. I didn't actually sew much while I was at home though. I'm just now getting into it. I actually don't mind learning most of it on my own. I like to think I can figure it out if I try hard enough.

...Laura... said...

It looks great so far- have you done any more with it yet? I keep wanting to make a couple quilts, but I still can't bare to cut into my fabric! I'm so lame, I keep buying fabric, but won't cut it!