I took these pictures this morning to show you what Joe was able to accomplish yesterday. I wasn't able to help out due to a little baby needing my attention but I would have been out there if he'd been sleeping the entire time. Although I think taking care of Michael is helping out, but I know that it's not as strenuous as the task he was defeating.
I know he completely wore himself out yesterday.
Our small truck wouldn't hold a palate of grass so we rented a small flatbed trailer. We purchased three palates of grass & could only transport two at a time. The trailer has to be returned this morning so Joe had to unload every single piece of grass from the palate. You saw the picture yesterday of his pile:
He later informed me that the pile was twice as big soon after I had taken that picture. He was on his second run for the last palate at the time I'd taken it. Then he wanted to make sure our grass wasn't stolen by Dick & Jane so he picked up each piece again & loaded them into the wheelbarrow to the backyard. Yes we locked our gate. Can you guess how much a palate weighs? I don't believe it but they each weigh 2200lbs. Times that by three and you get 6600lbs. Joe is super sod man. I think he had all this done around 7:30pm or later? He started his day at 9am. I can't imagine people who work 8+ hours of hard labor. But I witnessed it yesterday. I really hope Joe isn't going to be in too much pain this weekend. I'd like for him to enjoy his 4 day weekend a little. Last night we did eat dinner outside looking at the progress that was made. We ate on our deck that Joe's hands built & sat on our lovely porch set for the first time.
Michael enjoyed his spaghetti & peas while taking in the fact that he was outside! It actually was quite pleasant. It was a little overcast & slightly breezy. Perfect. Except for the fact that we were looking at half of a yard. I'm trying to see the glass half full.
Half of a yard of grass...
half of a yard of beautiful green grass...
half of a yard of no dirt!
Michael cheering daddy on by doing what he knows best, clapping.

7 comments:
Impressive and funny.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it is coming a long good.
Bentley liked your comment.
bye bye.♥☺♥
Your little boy is so cute. And sure you can be friends with me.
Woof Woof!!!!!
Yeah! It'll be so nice to have grass :)
No, you're not a dork. You're just silly :) No, we won't be traveling. Besides I think my padres are going to AZ for Christmas anyways. I don't think we'll travel anywhere while we're here. Everyone must come to us, I guess. For moving into this apt we got a 200$ gas card, which I want to save for next summer so we can make a trip to Utah...but that'll all the 'travling' I think we'll be doing for awhile. Bummer we'll miss you in TC...you will be there for Christmas, right?
your little one just always takes a great picture! looks like you guys have a huge yard, I am very jealous. Hope the sodding goes well!
Yeah ... I cannot wait to see the pictures! lol... good times... that and emilys pictures from the blast from the past... so funny. I enjoyed doing it. I think the 60's and 80's were my best decades lol.
I love sod, instant grass! Are Joe's muscles killing him now, because that's a lot of lifting.
Post a Comment