photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Close call

Monday night Joe received a call from someone at work at 10pm, he didn't answer it. He was curious why the would call so late. There was a message left- so he listened to it. The person said another soldiers name-Cody, so Joe called him back to ask if he meant to call him at all. He said he meant to call both him and Cody. He was told that either Joe or Cody were going to be submitted for deployment the next morning & leave sometime in July. They both have the same job so only one of them was needed to go.

The past 6 months Joe has been in the hospital for various health concerns (needing to be fit for a c-pap machine, a septoplasty, possible melanoma under his thumb nail-negative, and ulcers in his throat). With these in mind Joe felt bad at the idea that because of his frequent trips to the hospital that Cody would go. He was right. Well we don't know for sure if this was the reason but it's definitely a possibility. So Joe doesn't have to go. Hopefully we can make it to Physician's assistant school or Medical school before this could happen again.

I am thankful Michael will have his daddy around.

I am thankful I won't have to do everything all on my own without my hubby .

I am thankful for those who serve our country and leave their families to do so. Women who survive their husbands being gone for long periods of time are amazing. But I am thankful I don't have to go through it yet.

6 comments:

Jan said...

That must have made your heart stop for a time. I know what you mean about not yet anyways. I am glad that its not him either.
Take care guys.

Em and Ms said...

Oh Kelsey, you put it perfectly at the end. I'm glad it's not him for now too. It's hard to be without your husband!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Oh my goodness, I have not idea what it is like to recieve news like that, but I am glad he's home with you for now.

Riggs Familia said...

Phew! I'm so glad he doesn't have to go! I can't imagine what it would be like knowing my hubby could go anytime. Hang in there!

Dani W said...

Coming from experience... deployments are rough. They are not like a week long business trip in another state let alone another country. They are hard. There is something unsettling about your husband serving our country with his life in constant jeopardy, talking on the phone is a sparse luxury, and his arrival date home is never set in stone.

I know how you feel...

Saying goodbye for a deployment is so hard because you never know when or if he will return.

What a blessing it is to have a legitimate reason that he cannot be deployed. It might not seem like it now with the pain of his physical ailments but it really is a blessing.

It takes a lot to be a military wife... You are so strong! I am always here if you need me!

The Mothership said...

So I've looked at your blog before but never commented. And I'm glad you get to keep your husband around for a while still!