photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Friday, June 13, 2008

My surprise & my pathetic gift giving

Yesterday morning I climbed out of bed, scooped Michael out of his crib & headed for the stairs. I happened to look into our spare bedroom & saw this.
{It was set up but I added the sewing supplies}
{Can you believe my mom carried this sewing machine on the plane for me?}

Yup practical- did you catch this post?
Now with the new table it's officially the sewing/craft room and occasionally the guest room. We've actually had it occupied only once. (Hint- anyone want to come visit us? We may not be as good as host's as these two but we'll sure try). Now I can get started on these with the fabric I bought.

When Joe arrived home yesterday I told him he also bought me this for our anniversary. ;)I then gave him his pathetic gift of a years subscription to Men's Health Magazine, which he loves to read- in my defense! Let me explain- I had originally had this gift in mind for Father's Day but when Joe arrived home with this about two weeks before, after discussing it only a few times, I was quite surprised so I said like my mom always does "this is for ___" Fill in the blank-Birthday, Christmas, Easter - you name it- it's been said. So I decided that was his Father's Day gift & the mags were for our anniversary.

I think back to last year on our anniversary - 6 months pregnant & had just driven three days straight to TX then having to sleep on an air mattress. (Joe was there a few weeks prior so he actually had the brunt of it all. My mom drove down with me). So we arrived and a day or two later was our anniversary. I bought him a MH Magazine from Costco a few days before we took off to TX. So that was his gift- terrible I know! Especially when he actually took the time to buy me a cute purse. Hey I had placenta brain! That's my excuse!

What was my excuse this year? I dunno. I don't have a reason. Next year I'm going to have to go all out.

Don't worry I did get Joe a little something for Father's Day- hey it's his first I can't totally ignore it.

Last night we did go out to eat at our all time favorite steakhouse. Michael joined us and dined on cheese & bread. It was really yummy but not up to their standard but we were still stuffed. Since we didn't have room for dessert this weekend we'll keep on celebrating & have dessert here. I can't wait!

Oh and last night for the first time ever Michael stood up in his crib! I agree with this post whole heartedly!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and soon he'll be able to get out of his crib by himself and sneak into your bed :)
How's the guitar hero?? I totally want to play!
Shelby

Jan said...

Awesome Kelsey. I love the room and that boy is growing up way to fast. Have a great weekend creating..

Anonymous said...

Love your sewing room. I wish mine looked that neat and uncluttered. Give yourself a "a few years to collect".
Glad you had a nice dinner and I think I remember you also bought "Joe" a little daddy t-shirt last year for Fathers day. It was for Michael.
I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of changes when I see Michael standing up! But---I'm grateful for modern technology so I can at least see it the day it happens. Love, Mom

Em and Ms said...

I'm sure you guys would be great hosts. Maybe we'll make a trip down there someday. Matt loved San Antonio when he visited. Meanwhile you guys are welcome here anytime! How fun that you have a craft room! Those bags really are cute. Moms are the best! Don't worry about the gifts--he's got you and Michael right? :) I always love Cheesecake Factory (obviously from my posts!) I love that our "twins" are doing things around the same time. Michael is adorable! And now that I've commented on every part of your post, I'm done :)

Walker Family said...

Kelsey I love the bags! I think you are one of the most creative ladies I know! What fun that Michael is pulling himself up and crawling! crazy crazy! You have your hands full now! Your wedding pictures are so beautiful! Kelsey, you are just too beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at his cute little face....the expression on his face is too cute...Mommy, let me out! Don't leave me. Awwww....I agree with mom, I miss not being able to see him grow up :(
Ok better get back to work, love ya Kels.
Shelb

Debie Spurgeon said...

Those bags are so, so cute.

Look at that big boy standing up in his crib. Time flies, each little step is so fun. I want to stop in some stages and quickly get through others :)

The Motherboard said...

I love that fabric you have to make those darling bags!!
Your baby is adorable!!

Thanks for commenting on my blog.