photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Friday, October 3, 2008

landscaping & a night on the town





While my family was visiting last week my dad & Joe decided to get some landscaping done. My dad had no idea what he was getting himself into. I think my dad pulled every muscle in his body by cutting out the grass and digging holes in the dirt, I mean clay. He is now VERY grateful for his WA soil. The men were so exhausted Friday night that they just wanted to sit around and watch football. Us girls and Kenzie all wanted to go out on the town so we did & left the babe with the men. We enjoyed a little bit of shopping downtown & the river walk along with a yummy steak dinner. Too bad Shelby discovered that she'd lost her vest she'd bought, when we were on our way home. Does this sound familiar(read last paragraph)? So we turned back to see if we could find it at the restaurant. Mom and I waited while Kenzie and Shelby when to go check. It wasn't there. Darn. By the time we got home it was about midnight and we expected the men to be tucked in their beds. Earlier in the night when we called to let them know we were going to eat out and we'd be a while longer my dad asked us to call him before we drove home. He wanted us to bring him home some ice cream. So because we didn't get home until midnight we didn't call. Guess what? They were still up!!! We were shocked especially since they said they were so exhausted. He some how managed to survived his night without having his nightly routine of a bowl of ice cream.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

aren't dads great! I am not going home anytime soon but my parents are coming for Kai's first birthday, i can't wait. now that i am a mom i am sooo much more greatful for all that they did for me. I am sure you know what I mean. what a cutie your little brother had become, sara told me he was! That is funny about your dad and joe, elmer all the time says that he is soo tired and is going to bed and one or two hours later when Kai and I finally go to bed guess who is still up, pretending to be asleep watching tv.

...Laura... said...

Sounds like a fun night- bummer Shelby didn't find her vest! I've done that same thing before, as well!

Your yard looks great! Want to come over and put some flowers in my front yard now? It looks so dreary over here. Where did you find such healthy looking ones? I've looked around (sort of) and everything I find seems to be dead or dying and pathetic looking.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Thank goodness for visiting family who are willing to work. I think that's great that Kenzie wanted to hang out with the girls instead of the guys, I guess he knows who the partiers are. Great job on the yard.