photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's done & I'm home!


So Joe managed to get the deck finished a few days before I came home. Now we just need to stain it. He'll be either putting a step all the way across the front or figuring out something to cover up the blocks. I think it looks great and it will be so nice to get the grill out of the garage & on the deck. Plus now we have somewhere to either stand or sit outside. Next is purchasing a patio set. We've already picked out the one we like we just need to go get it.
Photobucket
It was fun to be home and spend time with family and friends. Melinda & Jeromy & kids stopped by at the reception. I was also able to go visit them and see the improvements they've made on the house. It was fun to catch up with Melinda & just hang out with her. Little Carter Buddy has so much hair! He was as cute as can be, especially when he'd flash his huge smile! Lydia was as sweet as always. Miss you guys! Can't wait to come visit again sometime.
I was also able to catch up with friends from school and work. I'm glad I stayed as long as I did so that I had time to visit with everyone. I enjoyed my visit home to see my family as well. I know Michael enjoyed seeing all of them again, and they in return.

6 comments:

Jan said...

That looks like it is going to add so much life to your style. Good job Joe.

It was so fun seeing you and your cute boy. He is adorable. You look fantastic too. Glad you had so much fun catching up with family and friends. And returned safely without your curling wand. Bummer. I hate having to buy those types of things..

Debie Spurgeon said...

It was great to see you and little Michael.
Great job on the deck Joe. I love our back patio and sitting outside, it's like a second family room for us.
Don't forget to show us your seating when you get it.
You forgot your curling wand? Is that like a curling iron with magical powers?

Kelsey said...

Actually it was my flat iron(straitner. I'm not quite sure where curling wand came from.

Em and Ms said...

Looks like a fun trip home. Okay, Melinda's family is just so picture-perfect. That's a great picture of them! And Joe, great job! The deck looks awesome! Be sure to take picutres when you get it stained and your patio set on it.

Anonymous said...

Good job Joe! I expect one in my back yard by the time I get back from my deployment. lol. No really it looks great.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with the deck. Good job son-in-law. Kelsey, we miss having you and Michael here. The time went too fast. Thanks Joe for letting them stay. Last night watching T.V. there was a song about how fast little kids grow up and I said to Dad, " I wish our kids were still little sometimes don't you?" When I turned to look at him he was crying like a baby. Guess he wishes the same thing.
The curling wand, straightener, thingomajig is in the mail. Love Mom Oh and about Michael in the cd's--it looks like trouble is starting now!