Today is our one year anniversary for owning our home. We've made some improvements but it feels like we still have a ways to go. Her are a few things we've done to improve the house over the past year.
Grass was a huge improvement to our bare backyard. Too bad we didn't get sod when it looked like this. We waited to try and grow grass and let the weeds take over.
Sod makes a huge difference! 
We were able to do a little landscaping in the front yard:
I switched out a light fixture in our 1/2 bath. I had to fill in the gap where there was no sheet rock behind the previous fixture. Thanks Laura for your advice in getting it done. I think it turned out well. Now I just need to repaint the bathroom . I don't like the color I chose. I went too blue.
Of course our deck was a nice addition to our backyard before our grass. We also added a few shelves for storage here and there. We've only managed to paint our Kitchen, Living room, Master Bathroom, Michael's room and our half bath. We still have the upstairs hall & stairs, the Master Bedroom, the guest/sewing room, and Michael's bathroom. I hope we'll be able to finish painting over the next couple months. Hopefully we'll make better paint choices and we won't have to repaint anything again. We've definitely enjoyed our home and yard, even if it's a lot of work. What a difference it makes to drive up and unload your groceries from your driveway. We love our house! Here's to another great year!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday to your house! It definitely is nice having a house, even with all the work. There's still something satisfying about working on it when you know it's your own! I'm jealous of your backyard. We still need to get ours in.
Hey!!!
You forget the blinds and the fan.
:)
Love,
Dad
we hydroseeded our backyard and for the first couple of months i was so mad because my yard was pure weeds, just like yours! but by the end of the summer we had the most beautiful grass. i wanted to get sod but it was too expensive. your yard looks great. it is so big. i cant believe we are all grown up with houses and kids..it seems like just yesturday we were having sleepovers and giggling all night long.
Post a Comment