photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Monday, November 17, 2008

No Girl Scouts Needed

Samoa Cookies are my favorite Girl Scout cookie. I recently came across a recipe for them so I decided to try them out. They were a lot of work and don't really look like them. I wouldn't say they're as good as the real deal but they were good none the less. I think I may have over cooked my caramel so it was hard to disperse the coconut-caramel mixture on top. I covered the hole in the cookie it was so thick. I made quite a mess making these. This proves I need an apron! That might just have to be my next sewing project.

6 comments:

Jan said...

So yummy looking Kelsey. I never knew you were a girl scout at heart.

Em and Ms said...

I bet they still tasted yummy! Caramel is the hardest thing to get right.

Anonymous said...

They look good Kels...you'll have to send some my way...or you can put $4 in a card and I can go buy some from the Girl Scouts ;)
Love ya
Shelby

Anonymous said...

Just try again. I think they look yummy though. I never thought about trying to make these at home. Mom

...Laura... said...

Thanks for sharing! They were super yummy, and cute too!

Walker Family said...

Wow, those look awesome! kelsey, you are too cute! I love that you are always trying new things! thanks for sharing in your food adventures!