photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pies Pies Pies

{not my pie but it looks great right?}

A few friends of ours will be getting together for Thanksgiving dinner. I've decided I want to make pie. Pumpkin pie will definitely be one of them. I'm not sure what other kind to make. Apple? Chocolate? Berrie? Any suggestions?

*I've never made a pie on my own before, wish me luck. Although I did make some delicious bread last week for the first time. I shared it with a few friends and they loved it too. Joe told me I had to make bread more often now that he knows I can.

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Mmmm, nothing goes with Thanksgiving like pie. A tip on the crust--the biggest trick is to not overmix the dough. Just mix it until it is barely combined and sticks together and that will help your crust to be flaky. Or you can just go buy frozen Marie Callendar's crusts. They're pretty good too :) My favorite Thanksgiving pies are Lemon Meringue and Banana Cream. If you need a good, easy recipe email me! Good luck! I'm sure they'll be delicious!

Melissa and Bryan said...

Banana Cream is yummy! We love this Blueberry Banana Pie... it's sounds weird but trust me it is delicious! If you want the recipe let me know.

oh and super cute pictures of micheal! what a cutie! I love his eyes!

NaDell said...

Yummy. I can't wait for chocolate cream pie. I love cherry too. Way more than pumpkin. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

We just had a pie making class for our super Saturday. Just remember to use ice water when you mix the dough and handle it as little as possible. Keeps it flaky and doesn't toughen up so much. Good luck. Better make them the day before , just in case. Some pies taste better after they sat awhile, especially apple.
Oh and since you will be an expert after this, you can make the pies for us when you come home for Christmas. Love, Mom

Laura said...

I just made a yummy rhubarb pie the other day, that was my first time making a pie that didn't use Jello pudding! it was really good!