Wednesday, April 30, 2008
A visit to the ER
Last night as I was wrapping up Michael to go to sleep I heard a pop. (Yes, I still wrap him at 7 months). I heard this as I pulled him across the couch onto the blanket. I was holding his hand & his leg. I have heard him pop before while changing his clothes, usually it's his wrist. He didn't cry much, he pretty much always cries a little while I'm wrestling him to get him wrapped; he's so strong. I wasn't too concerned & put him to bed. This morning when I went to get him out of his crib I unwrapped his one arm he didn't get loose. He didn't move it. I took him downstairs & sat him in front of his favorite toys. He still didn't move his arm. I tried the mirror & still nothing. This was when I knew I had to take him to the ER to get him checked. I think I accidentally pulled his arm out of his socket. I tried calling Joe & he didn't answer. I tried two more times & ended up leaving a message. I then remembered his office number was on our white board. I was able to get a hold of him & he said he'd meet me there. I changed Michael in the bathroom a few minutes before we were called in to get an exam before being admitted. He cried as I put him back in his car seat. I knew he would since I was moving his arm a little. Our name was called & we went into get him checked. The Dr. asked what happened & pulled up on Michael's arm. Michael then moved his arm freely like nothing was wrong. Hmm, Joe and I looked at each other with amazement. We hadn't seen him move his arm all morning. We decided to leave and not have him checked out anymore since he appeared to be just fine. When we were leaving I was telling Joe how he cried when I put him back in his seat. I told him- I think what had happened was that I put it back in place on accident. Joe went back to work & we drove home. Michael went back to playing with his favorite toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That's the worst. Jer accidentally pulled Brynnlee's elbow out of the socket when she was about one.
At least you didn't have to pay $400 like we did!! You can buy a lot of 31 cent cones tonight with the money you saved.
Oh man, so scary! But I'm glad he's fine!
How scary! I'm glad it all turned out ok. I can't believe he actually lets you wrap him up still. He must be a pretty chill baby. Madelyn wouldn't let us wrap her anymore when she was just a couple weeks old. The girl likes to kick!
Trips to the ER are horrible. I'm glad he's back to normal. Thank Goodness!!
Oh, I bet you felt horrible! Glad he's okay. I'm always telling people how easy it is to pop a kid's arm or leg out of socket, and people don't believe me! (I always got lectured as a teen by a friend's mom who was an EMT). It's so easy to do- good thing Michael's still little so it was easier to pop back in.
As for the wrapping thing- we wrapped hayden until he was so big, it was impossible! I don't know how long that was, but hey- if it works, it works!
Glad that he is okay Kelsey. That is so scarey for sure.
That is so stressful! Nothing worse than taking a baby to the ER, because you are just so worried. Glad that it turned out to be just fine!
Post a Comment