Happy Earth Day! I was looking online for things around town to do but only found one website for an activity 20 miles away.
I'd like to share an experience I've had from earth day. I remember when I was younger I went to Chiawana Park & helped paint the exterior of the bathrooms. I ended up getting paint all over my winter coat. My mom was not happy & neither was I. It was a light splatter- I guess I didn't notice it happening at the time. My friend, being the smart person she is, turned her coat inside out & painted. My mom asked why I didn't do the same thing as Caitlin? I guess I thought I wasn't getting any on it or I really didn't care that much. Sorry about that coat mom. I still remember it was a dark coat with a mixed pattern sewed together with gold beading(plastic beading sprayed gold). The fabric had a shiny look to it like silk. I did like that coat, but painting on Earth Day was worth the memory of a ruined coat.
So what are we doing today for Earth Day? Maybe we can go buy a few plants to put in the front yard. Around here they have a recycle pick up day just like garbage day. We do try our best to put things that can be recycled in our bin. Atleast we're helping the earth there! That might have to do for now. If we do end up planting something I'll post pictures tomorrow.
What are you doing for Earth Day?

6 comments:
I don't know what my mom has planed. At school there was this girl that had a Earth Day shirt about ideas you can do for Earth Day. Then in class we got a book about Earth Day. Then we read all things about Earth day. I feel really bad about your coat. I would never want to get paint on my winter coat. Have fun today.
Bye bye.
I cleaned with green products. Does that count? I didn't use my car today except to get to work. I am washing in cold water. Its too cold still to hang dry. Well I did a few little things today. Cute post about your coat. Jera was mad huh? Thats a first. :)
I didn't realize it was Earth Day! But I did pick up some garbage that was where I wanted to sit on the beach, so I guess that counts! You should plant some stuff in your front.. it would look nice. Just make sure you get stuff that will survive our really hot/dry summer that's coming! :)
Yes, Jan of course that counts! A first? ha ha You don't know my mom that well now do you?
I actually considered getting some plants and planting them, but didn't.
I considered walking where I needed to go today instead of driving, but didn't.
I did a ton of laundry in warm water and dried every single item.
I'm awful, but aware so I can do better.
I am awful also- I didn't do anything. WEll, wait, I did take a really quick shower, because I was late. So I used less water. I am so good.
Post a Comment