photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is how our morning went...

After getting Michael out of his crib this morning we went downstairs for breakfast. I put Michael in his high chair and offered him some cheerios and milk. Mother nature soon called. Into the bathroom I went and was shocked to find this in my downstairs sink:
(click to enlarge) I sprayed him with some Raid and smashed him with the can. Another bug spray is scheduled! This is not the first time I've seen a scorpion inside my house. Back in September I found one too.

I went visiting teaching this morning and I was in charge of making the treat.
Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:
(Want the recipe? It's under your lid of Quaker Oats.)

Michael anxiously waiting to have a cookie. (I think he's saying "peese"- please.)

He's thinking ---mmm my mom makes the best cookies.
Saying cheese for the camera.
Our morning didn't start off great but it sure ended sweet. Nothing like a cookie right after breakfast!

*One other sweet thing that happened this morning is Joe calling and finding out that he can have his "non-ringing" phone replaced. Our 1 year warranty ends tomorrow.

7 comments:

Brooklet said...

I honestly didn't know that scorpions could be so small. See what I know!

Anonymous said...

Cookies look good. Do you like raisins Kelsey? I didn't know that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em and Ms said...

Ooh, scary scorpions! I've heard the small ones are the ones to worry about--they're more venemous (not to scare you more or anything!) I'd definitely get the bug guy there soon! On a positive note,those cookies look delicious and Michael is as cute as ever!

Ashleigh said...

those cookies look delish! The scorpion is gross! and thats luck that you get the phone replaced one day before the warranty runs out. I gotta go, time to make those vanishing cookies... mmmm

Walker Family said...

Kelsey I love that you post the stuff that you cook! thank you! The scorpion is creepy. When we lived in Arizona I found one in my shoe- so creepy!!

Ashleigh said...

I forgot to tell you that i made those cookies. They turned out pretty good. The only problem was that no one but me likes raisons so I had to eat them all....