Black Bean and Zucchini Chilaquiles
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaping cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 28-oz can crushed or pureed tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 20-oz can black beans, or 2 1/2 cups cooked (from about 1 cup raw)
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into several pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Saute the onion until translucent. Add the green pepper and continue to saute until it has softened and the onions are golden. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings, and simmer over low heat for 10 min.
Oil a 9x13 inch shallow casserole dish. Layer as follows: half the tortillas, half the tomato sauce, half the black beans, half the zucchini and half the cheese. Repeat. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 5 to 10 min. Cut into squares and serve.
Enjoy!

3 comments:
I love anything with black beans and a spice kick. I am so making this Kelsey. Thanks.
Sounds yummy good.
I might have to try that one out. Thanks.
Is it more like a chili? I made something like this and it was really good. Maybe I should look at the recipe a little better. Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment