since Michael was born happened on Friday. I know you all are shocked that it took us nearly 17 months to go on a date with out Michael. Believe me I was too. It took a lot of convincing to get Joe to leave Michael with a babysitter. We agreed that we'd put Michael to bed at his normal time of 7pm and go out. (My mom says we're spoiled with this bedtime). Thanks Zoila for hanging out at our house!
I asked Joe to drive his truck so it would feel like a real date since I usually drive us all in my car (I've never ridden in his truck). It felt so different ridding in his truck, it felt like a real first date. Remember we've only left Michael once with my mom. So other than that we've always gone places with Michael, so I'd drive us in my car.
We decided to see a movie and chose "He's Just Not That Into You". It was good for the most part. We used our free movie tickets we got at Christmas from family but just had to buy soda and popcorn. I sat down in the theater and saved our seats while Joe got our food. There were four open seats in the row and I was saving the middle two. A women asked me if Joe's seat and the one next to him was empty. I said I could scoot over and they could have my seat and the empty one next to me. I kinda regret being nice to her. During the movie she'd talk out loud and guess what would happen next or narrate what was happening. I don't know if she was informing her "hard to follow a chick flick movie hubby" or just talks during movies in theaters. Ugh I tried to ignore her talking and still was able to enjoy the movie.
After the movie we went to Dairy Queen and got some cool treats. I really enjoyed our date and hope we won't wait so long to go again. Thanks Babe for a fun evening!

7 comments:
yeah for going on a date! movie and ice cream is a good combo. When we went to see "just not into you", I went with some girl pals, during a weeknight, and we were on the only four in the theater, so we had the delight of being the loud talkers.
I think it's so funny that Joe was the one who needed convincing. Smart to go in a different car. Every time we go somewhere without Madelyn I look to the backseat to see her since I don't hear her!
It's hard to leave your little one behind isn't it? We still haven't found a babysitter out here. We miss having family close enough to watch him, however we just started a babysitting swap with some friends so I'm excited about that! That's great that you went out! You can never go wrong with movie and ice cream!
Wow, you just got out? How does Michael do if you guys are gone?...or do you know? Nursery will be fun if he's not used to it! I've been working on that with Carter. He's used to at least someone being there (Lydia) and latley I've been trying...I'll drop him off at a friends while I run an errand. It's good for them to know that they can trust you to come back, ya know. Well, that's my theory. It's working pretty good with Carter, he's def more clingy than Lydia was. Anyways, glad you got out! Oh, how Jer would love to take me out on a date in a truck! Aw the wishes. So would you recommend the movie? Gotta love those "cool treats!"
Yay! Good for you guys for getting a way for a couple of hours! That's the best advice I've heard from parents recently: to continue to have dates and go out just as husband and wife.
oh man, how annoying. me and cory went to the new indiana jones movie in the theater a while back. we never go to the movies because cory is so cheap. whatdya know? a fat, stinky lady sat next to us and was talking out loud and doing the same thing. someone actually had to shush her during the movie. I think it is so rude when people are inconsiderate. I am so glad that you still had fun. Its so nice to get away for some time together. I hope you guys do it more often.
You need to do that more often! I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment