
Michael and I have been going to the library weekly. I've checked out books for him, and never thought to get anything for myself until this week. I had no idea what to check out. You can't judge a book by it's cover but that was all I could go off of. I know very few authors. Plus I don't read much(hence I don't know many authors). Sure I've read the Twilight series but that was only because everyone was talking about it. Other than that I have no idea of a good read. I'm looking for suggestions. They can't be too new or I won't find it at the library.
What books do you recommend?
Who is your favorite author?
Who is your favorite author?
I'll take any suggestions. I'm willing to give any book a try- just remember I will hold you accountable for it! :)

10 comments:
hmm, right up my alley. One of my all time favorite books is These is my words, by nancy turner. Also, Jane Austen books are on my favorites- pride and prejudice, persuasion, emma, mansfield park. I am also a big fan of youth fiction, such as walk two moons (susan creech), Holes, and if you haven't read them, try Harry Potter- I LOVE THEM!
I keep a book list on the side of my blog, with a list of books I recommend for others to read. Good luck!
It's been a while since I've had time to read. However, I've kept a running list of books that other people have recommended that someday I will read. I'll email it to you. Like I said, I haven't read most of these, but very trusted sources recommend them. At the bottom I also keep a list of books that I really enjoyed and would recommend.
All of the Richard Paul Evans books are great! I especially love "The Sunflower". He wrote "The Christmas Box" series. You can join goodreads.com and be in a group of people (your friends) and then find out what they have read and rate it. (I'm in it.)
A couple of authors I love:
-Jane Austen
-Shannon Hale (anything of hers; she's LDS btw)
-CS Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia & others)
-Louisa May Alcott (Little Women)
Have fun!
There is also a website you can sign up for -- goodreads.com. You can compare and rate books, and look at books your friends have read. It starts you out adding your contacts from email - that's a really good resource for me!
My email on that account is nikkity429@gmail.com if you are interested.
So that email in my junk box was from you, I'm always scared to open things that don't reference your normal email account, so I deleted it..oops! What did it say? I have a ton of suggestions, call me and let me know what type of read you're looking for. Love ya Kels!
I love love Love Tasha Alexander- start with And Only to Deceive. I also LOVE Shannon Hale- start with the Goose Girl.
I find it hard to be drawn into a book long enough to finish it... that's why I go for the easy ones! That sort of makes me sound stupid... oh well...
I love Young Adult novels. Harry Potter is great. My absolute favorite novel is The Giver. Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, A Wrinkle in Time is one of my favorites as well.... hmmm.. if I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Next on my to-read list is "Wiked"... I sooo want to read that and I've heard it's so good! If you want to read it, you'd better hurry, b/c Wicked is performing here in SA soon, and if you end up loving it, you won't want to miss it.
I am currently reading Children of the Promise by Dean Hughes and I love it! It is pretty long. I just finished the fourth volume in the series and there is one more to go! It's about this LDS family in Utah during WWII. The characters and story is fictional but the events, dates, weather, news headlines are all exactly what they would have been on that date in history! I love it because it's got historical fiction, romance, adventure, and everything else you could want! The author is so good at making you feel apart of the characters lives!
Where the Wild Things Are
The Little Prince
By Richard Bach
Johnathan Livingston Seagull
Illusions
By Louis L'Amour
Fair Blows the Wind
The Walking Drum
(No they are not westerns)
I would read the hiding place for a very inspirational book. It is placed during the holocaust with a family that would help out jews until they got caught. It is about how God help to pull them through the whole situation and is very good and very real. Check it out!
Post a Comment