photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bye Bye Mazda...Bye Bye Bike...Hello Ford



This past week was a productive week. We bought a used Ford Ranger & sold our Mazda 3. I know a Ford is not in compliance with my family! But Joe haggled the dealership real good. He said the sales man was probably tired of him. Joe asked for just about anything he could get, hey all they had to do was say no. We ended up getting the dealership to fix a small crack in the bumper, paint the front bumper to match the car in the exterior color, two new tires & we got the price lowered. We were advised by my dad, a used car sales manager, to get the best deal, a great rate & be sure to have the car checked by a mechanic. Check, Check & Check. Joe did it all. I only walked in and signed the co-owner papers. I like this kind of car buying, but no more for a long time!!! ~Well until we can't fit into the Impala. So by selling our Mazda- I mean Joe's Mazda- we've saved our self some money and that is always a good feeling. We sold our car to a teenage girl whose dad bought it for her. He's a lawyer. Dang I wish I could have had a car that nice when I was her age. But it probably would have gotten wrecked- that's another story. I have to say that Joe loved his Mazda 3 a lot! It was his present to himself after going through basic training two years ago. He deserved it. But I know he'll be very happy with this truck since he'll be able to drive to Lowe's or Home Depot & buy just about anything & get it home. Now it's time to build that deck!

We also sold our "Bad Luck Bike" ~that's what I like to call it. That poor motorcycle was hit twice in our parking lot while parked at our old apt. We did get some money from the insurance but not enough to pay the whole amount. We decided to sell it when we took it in to see how much it would cost to get it fixed. We found out it would cost the same amount that we owed on it. We decided that we'd take the offer of selling it to the shop & pay a little extra, just to get rid of it. I think that if we'd kept it and completely fixed it & decided to sell it later we would have already eaten our profit. I'm just glad to see it go. No more bad luck bike!
*This picture is from when we first bought it & it was sparkling new.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Your mother told me about the bike situation. I can't believe it has had that much bad luck and its just sitting there. Poor thing.
I wanted that Mazda. Loved that car. Hope you enjoy the Ford though. Joe looks bad to the bone on that bike. Glad you could sell the car and bike quickly.

Riggs Familia said...

Wow you guys go through vehicles like crazy! :) I didn't know his bike kept getting hit. That stinks! Love the truck, Jer will be jealous. Happy Birthday, Austin! How's he been doing?
You're gonna be here soon...when exactly?

Brooklet said...

mmm, we have some parallels. We just got a used truck, but we still kept our mazda. Good ol' mazda. I got her when I graduated from college, and I want to keep her until she gives out. Almost to a 100k. I am obscenely proud of that car.