At church a mom asked me about making quiet books since I am in charge of our play group. I thought it was a great idea so I decided to take charge. I spent a lot of time on these books, researching and hand drawing page ideas, shopping online and in stores for the best deals(with coupons) for items needed, and putting them together with the help of everyone that wanted one. Because I made sure to find the best deals and most cost effective way of making them, each book only cost $10 for the materials. We met one night a week at a generous friend's house that had a lot of room for everyone to work on the books. She and I spent a lot of extra time sewing the books to get ahead for the next week. Lots of others also helped by taking things home and working on them as well. It took us under two months to make them all. We ended up making 33 books since several moms were involved(16!) and some wanted to make a few as gifts. I'm happy when we finished them up but glad we did it. It was a lot of work but I really enjoyed working on a project and improving my sewing skills. I created a tutorial dedicated to the cover of the quiet book for those that weren't able to make it the last night we made them. Scroll down to the bottom to see all the pages we made. Here is the link if you'd like to check out all our pages...
http://windcrestquietbook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:
Awesome! They turned out great! Way to take charge :)
Those are so much work, but oh so cute! It's easier to do a bunch at a time instead of just a few though. It makes it worth all the hard work that way.
Sounds like you put so much work and thought and love in to those! Your ward is very lucky to have you :)
Post a Comment