I have to start off by noting what I said to Joe the night before I went into labor... on Wednesday night I was telling Joe that I was worried for some reason that I wouldn't be able to tell I was in labor. I also mentioned that I really liked going into labor with Michael in the middle of the night because the contractions woke me up.
Early Thursday morning I couldn't sleep. I had gone to bed after 11pm. I'm not sure what time it was but I was having contractions - yet I was thinking they were braxton hicks. I couldn't get comfortable, I kept turning from one side to the other. I sat up at 1:30am and felt my water break. I was sure that was what it was but I was in denial. I never expected that to happen. I first called my mom to make sure she could get on the first flight that morning since she had a two hour drive to the airport. I waited a bit to wake Joe up because I wanted to be all ready to go before I did. We arranged for a friend to come pick up Michael and we were off to the hospital around 3:30am. It was 4am by the time we got to the hospital and I was check in right away. Everything went so fast once we were at the hospital. By the time I had a room I was having the worst contractions (insert screaming- which is totally not my personality) and was waiting for my epidural. The Anesthesiologist did a great job but while I was getting it I was ready to start pushing. So as soon as my epidural was done I was ready to have the baby. The epidural kicked in just in time and a few pushes later Landon came into this world at 5:33am. He came out screaming & was cleaned up, Joe held him first then he handed him to me. It definitely felt more natural to hold him since he was my second born. I remember with Michael I felt like I didn't know what to do with this baby they just handed me.
After delivery I was brought breakfast. I have to say it was the best thing. It was nice giving birth & then being able to eat right away. Plus with my Gestational Diabetes no longer an issue I was free to eat what I wanted. Yay!
We were able to discharge early, staying only one night instead of two nights. It is impossible to sleep in the hospital. I was grateful to be home sooner than later.
Here are the results of my attempt of a photo shoot:




6 comments:
Wow Kels! That is amazing! I cannot believe how fast it all went for you... I felt like mine took forever until the hard labor kicked in and then I was shocked at how quick she was out and on my chest! I really love the pictures you did a great job... I am going to have the try my hand at it now see if I can hack it lol. Congrats again and he is ADORABLE!!!
sounds perfect! (minus the screaming- I did that too and totally surprised myself!) I love your story. He is so adorable. Most definitely a little mini-joe! So awesome that your mom was able to just jump on a flight! :)
dang cute pics kels!
what a little cutie. glad labor went nice and fast!
Wow, the pictures turned out fantastic! Glad to hear the epidural kicked in just in time. Labor does not sound pleasant, but luckily epidurals seem to help women immensely!
wow, you were built for birthing babes. How awesome that your labor was fast! and what a handsome little boy. Congratulations again!
He is so adorable! You did a great job on the pictures. Love them. I think it's so interesting to hear people's birth stories. It really is a miracle! I'm so glad everything went well...and fast. And yay for no more diabetes!
Post a Comment