photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Monday, August 23, 2010

Going going gone!

I am happy to report that Michael no longer uses a pacifier to sleep with!  Yay!  The fuff(sorry not sure how to spell a made up word), as Michael called it, is gone.  The story on how it became called that is when he was first learning to call it a pacifier he'd say puff fuff and it got shortened to fuff.  I decided last Thursday that it was time.  I asked him about giving it to a neighbor's baby and he said yes.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't completely sure what he was agreeing to but I went with it.  I kept repeating to him what we were doing and that at night he wasn't going to have it anymore. Right after we gave it to her I decided I wanted to go get him a toy so he picked out a James train at Target.

That first night it took him close to an hour and a half to fall asleep.  He'd cry a little bit off and on and I'd go in and talk to him telling him he was a big boy. But once he finally fell asleep and stopped asking me what he was hearing outside he didn't wake up 'til morning. The next nights went much better and last night he didn't  ask for it.  The bad thing is he hasn't taken a nap since giving it up.  I hadn't tried to put him down and didn't want to until he was used to not having it at night.  I tried yesterday for the first time to put him down for a nap but he refused so we might be done with naps. Bummer.  It was so nice to get things done or have the opportunity to take a nap myself. But he'll be 3 in a month and has been such a good napper- always more than two hours- usually three and sometimes three and a half. 

I can now cross off one more thing off my "De-Baby Michael" list before the baby comes.  Michael is successfully sleeping in a toddler bed, is nearly completely potty trained, can usually dress himself, goes to nursery at church with no problems saying bye & now he doesn't use a pacifier!  I am so glad I've worked hard to get all these things accomplished before the baby comes next month.  I was really starting to worry about him not getting adjusted to nursery since they were having trouble with finding leaders for a while.  Now they are stable and he absolutely loves it.  I have a big boy now!

6 comments:

The Mothership said...

That's awesome!! Good job!

I'm excited for your little one to arrive! How is the GD stuff going?

Ashleigh said...

yay for being a big boy!! Lauren still sucks her thumb, cant go anywhere without her blanket, sleeps in a crib, and i am not even thinking about potty training!! What am I going to do, I will have 2 babies in my house. big baby and little baby. oh well.

Dani W said...

Congrats!! That is sooo exciting and a huge milestone that is for sure. I have been trying to tackle some of those same milestones too before our baby comes... boy is it tough but I know it will be very worth it in the end! :)

Laura Neill said...

Yay Michael!! Way to go :)

Rach and Clark said...

wow, you rock! Just sounds like there is soooo much to child rearing. I don't know that I'm cut out for it. I'll just like vicariously through you and others ;)

PS, hope the gestational diabetes is under control...you are almost there!

Kelsey said...

My GD is going well. I am starting to get tired of eating the same thing for breakfast though. One more month until I can eat whatever I want! I'm totally going to pig out! LOL