Usually when Michael wakes up he'll yell for me to come get him. I go to lift him out of his crib and he'll lay back down. He likes to tease you see. So I tease him back and walk out, waiting for the yell of "Mama" again. This morning though I had a secret weapon. When he layed back down I told him we were having waffles for breakfast. I've never seen him so excited to have breakfast. Last night was his first time having waffles and he sure enjoyed them.
Happy to be up and eating waffles for breakfast!
I guess whip cream is the latest hand cream.
This is our forecast for the day:
Any suggestions for fun things to do on a rainy day?
9 comments:
Watch old movies (maybe even some of his own movies you took?), read books, make cookies, make a yummy soup, clean out closets (oh, you said fun....), watch birds find worms out the window, wear sweater or jammies all day, indoor fort or obstacle course with couch cushions.
Hey, the promise of waffles would get me out of bed too! What a cutie! I love that you had them last night and this morning :) I'm jealous of the rain--I'd go for a walk in it.
Michael, you're almost 2! You look very happy to be up early in the morning eating your waffles. Is it still warm with it raining? That is the best kind of rain!
I wish kai would wake up that happy and cute! He takes after me and always wakes up CRANKY. maybe if i was a good mom like you and made waffles!!! One thing that entertains kai for hours (seriously) is when I get two mixing bowls,fill one up with dry rice or beans then i give him a measuring cup and watch as he fills the empty bowl with the contents of the other one. I have these fuzzie little craft balls that I use instead of the rice when I don't want to vaccum afterwards. You can also give him some kitchen tongs instead of a measuring cup, this helps them with their eye hand coordnation and fine motor skills! ;)
Yum yum waffles! What a nice mommy you have, Michael- she lets you have whip cream on your waffles!!
I say go outside and play in the rain!!! It's still warm, right?? That was the best thing about the rainy days there, was it was so warm, we'd just go let ourselves get drenched until we were too cold- then just go inside, snuggle up, drink some hot chocolate and eat more waffles!
awe... he is so cute kelsey!! I love your pictures. You must have a nice camera. I cant believe he likes to tease you, I bet he is going to have a good sence of humor.
I would be really, really excited to get up if there were homemade waffles waiting for me too.
He is so cute!
Yum Yum Michael. Love, Grandma
That breakfast looks so yummy!!! PS LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK :)
Post a Comment