photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Monday, September 7, 2009

Our trip home

Michael and I were able to make it to the fair Friday evening with my mom and my sister.  We walked around and let Michael enjoy the animals. We of course couldn't leave without buying greasy fair food!  We chose a double corn dog and a strawberry funnel cake.  Mmm yum. 
Michael enjoyed watching this ride of course because it had flags on top.
Michael's allergies started to get the best of him.  He had red eyes and a runny/itchy nose.  I was having a hard time with my allergies as well. 

My Grandma McClellan's funeral went really well and it was nice to see lots of family we hadn't seen in a while.  It was fun to hear stories I'd never heard about my grandma even though some were repeated to grandchildren over and over again. I guess I always missed out on those stories.  One of them was about how my grandma was outside her home and had gotten bit by a dog on the rear.  She went to the Dr. and he said, "So you've been bitten by a dog?"  She said, "Yes".  He asked, "Can you tell me where?"  She said, "On 3rd and Jefferson."  Which of course was her address. 
Joe kept an eye on Michael at the funeral.  He seemed to keep busy.
While we were in WA McKenzie had his Eagle Court of Honor.  It was nice to be able to attend.
Congrats Kenzie!
Our trip home wouldn't be complete without some fresh picked raspberries!

7 comments:

Riggs Familia said...

Cute dimple in that pic! It's always good to see family, even for the circumstances. Glad the funeral and your trip went well. I just got plane tickets to go to WA in October! Woohoo!

Laura Neill said...

Looks like it was a nice trip. Sorry about your Grandma- but it's nice you were able to see family and hear all those stories! That is a really cute story you shared :) Michael doesn't look any different- is he growing??!! :)
I've never had funnel cake- but I've heard about it a lot- what is it like?

Brooklet said...

I bet your grandma would be happy that you were able to get together and have some fun with your family on her behalf.

Do you know how many times I have pined for the darts raspberry patch this summer? I love Michael's tart faces!

The Mom Tobler said...

Oh how we miss Dart's raspberry patch also!

Melissa and Bryan said...

Yum fresh raspberries! It looks like Micheal is loving them! It's always nice to see family! Your hair is really cute by the way!

Ashleigh said...

Im still sad I missed you. It looks like you guys had fun/ we went to the fair on saturday. I also enjoyed the greesy fair food.

Bethany said...

Sorry about your grandma. It looks like it brought the family together and you got to have fun at the fair. Mmmm. I'm hungry right now and that funnel cake sounds good!