photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Friday, September 12, 2008

16 again revealed...


Okay so it didn't get handled today but I decided to post about it anyway. I'll start off with what happened Wednesday...


Joe and I went to the licence office to officially become residents in our new state. We waited about a half hour until we were seen. After we were sent to a second office because the first office's computers were down. I was up first and the woman asked for all my info I brought. She looked at my license and said it's expired and couldn't accept it. I had looked online a year earlier when we'd moved and read that I didn't have to renew my WA license as long as I was a military spouse of an Active duty soldier. I told this to the woman & she said she'd look it up. She proceeded to walk a few feet away and pretend to look at something on the wall or mess with the computer near by. I could see exactly what she was doing and I thought it was obvious that she didn't even read anything! I was stunned at that and was quite upset when she told me that I would need to take the written test and driving test. Ha! No Way! I am 16 again! I was mortified! I decided I'd have to study up a little and come back another time. Joe qualified to get his license even though his old one had expired but because he was the one on active duty and not the dependent he could. So Joe got his picture taken and I did not even though I should have. To prove that I was right I came home and looked it up. Yup I was right! I called another office this morning and talked to a trooper that answered and he explained all I needed, confirming what I knew was right. I went into change it today but I was told that I needed to get my car registered first. To do that I had to get an inspection. I went to go get it done but was unable to due to the fact that Joe just got the windows tinted. They'd have to roll down the windows to test the percentage of the tint & I can't do it for a few more days or I'd ruin the tint. So the plan is next Thursday to actually become a resident! At least I don't have to take the written and driving test!





4 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Aah! You must have been so frustrated. I'm glad you're getting it figured out. When we moved here I had to take the written test to get my license since I was under 25. Stupid law. :)

Cindy said...

this blogging thing is great. I haven't seen you in forever i think it was your wedding last. you look so good. can i add you to my favorites?

Dani W said...

Ha I know how you feel... don't you love it when people just blow smoke because they know they can! I get it all the time and it drives me nuts! I went to the movies to get tickets and asked for the military discount... she said that they didn't get them for anyone but active duty and I couldn't get the discount... I told her my husband was in the bathroom and I was the one buying the tickets... haha... then she was like... Oh.. Ok but just this once! Like it was her good graces and the kindness of her heart that I got my military discount. Lame!

Dani W said...

By the way you can get around having an expiration date on your license... if you ask them to they will put in "military" instead of the expiration date so you don't get harassed when it "expires"... just to let you know.