Back in April I visited my family in WA. During that time Joe was in the process of becoming medically retired from the Army. I feel as though I may have confused a few friends, if not myself at that time. We were anticipating this process yet we didn't know the details. We thought that if we wanted the Army to move us back to WA we'd have to submit for it before he retired (May 25, 2011). This was not the case we later found out, after I had frantically posted on FB that we were looking for a job.
We are planning on moving back to WA so that our kids can be near at least one set of relatives. Also hoping that it allows us to visit Joe's family more often since we will only have one family to travel to and not both of our families. So we have until May 25, 2012 for the Army to move us. We may move long before then or not until then. It all depends on whether we find the right job before we have to move so we don't have to do it ourselves. So if you do know of a job or someone with connections relating to Medical Lab Tech, Med Tech, Biomedical Science or Bio Science Research, please let us know.
Also if you have any helpful information regarding renting out your home please comment. We haven't decided whether we will sell or rent. I am leaning towards renting, it just sounds scary though.

2 comments:
We've been gone two years now and are still renting out our house. We did it on our own for two years, and it was kind of stressful. Ok, really stressful. Two of our three tenants didn't stay the whole year that they signed on the lease, and one family really did not take care of the house or the yard.
This time around, we decided to go with a property manager. We went with the cheapest (4% per month) and you can kindof tell. I would not recommend our people, but we're in a contract for a year.
There is a good one that was recommended to me. I even talked to him and was impressed, but I had already signed a contract with another. His name is Carlos Reyes with SellSmart Realty and Property Management. His number is 210.365.8825. Their rate is 8% per month, which is still pretty good. Most are 10% per month.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Oh, when I did it myself, I advertised on craigslist and AHRN. My best renter came from AHRN.com. I really focused on how close to the base we were.
Good Luck!
I would sell. Having renters is stressful enough, without being so far away and not seeing what condition your property is in. No one will take care of your house like you do and it will be harder to sell when they destroy it.
Post a Comment