Thank you for all your supportive comments about my last post. I have now met with everyone I've needed to to get my GD under control. Thankfully I do not need insulin. Mainly I just need to pay attention to how many carbohydrates I'm consuming at certain meal times or for a snack. Everything seems to be going pretty good now that I know what I'm doing and I know that I can handle this. I am having to check my blood glucose levels 4 times a day. I've gotten used to the prick- even though I don't enjoy it.
When I was at my nutrition appointment on Monday the nutritionist was surprised that I had GD. I told her I completely agreed. She then told me about another patient of hers that was the same size as me and was a nurse at the hospital. Apparently she was surprised too but got really mad about it all and was asking to see her levels. I found this to be hillarious. Of course the nutritionist didn't know I was mad too but had gotten over it by the time I saw her :)

2 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better about it and things are under control. At least you don't have to live with it forever, right?
sounds like there's nothing much you can do other than have a change of attitude. better said than done,right?! you go girl :)
Post a Comment