2009
2010
Did you see us on TV?
Michael cheeks were a little flushed because we were sitting right under the heaters, plus he was just getting a cold. We had fun at the Alamodome again this year. Since it's an Army sponsored game we were able to get free tickets for us and we even snagged some for some friends.
I have to explain how we got our seats...
Our tickets were apparently for general admission, meaning the 5th floor and top of the dome. I was surprised at this since last year we had free tickets and they were assigned. We arrived at kick off since parking was crazy and we didn't leave as early as we should have in the first place. We found seats up top but Joe's nose was being bothered by a smell in the air so I decided we should find other seats. Looking down I could see several empty seats. I became determined to get us closer. We headed back down, thankfully taking the elevator and avoiding the three massive flight of stairs. Arriving at the second floor we made our way out of the elevators. Spotting an entrance where it looked like there were several empty seats, I tried to get us in there. But we were stopped by an employee with a special blue jacket and told we were to go up to general admission- on the 5th floor. I was bummed. No one was sitting where she was guarding. Joe was more than frustrated since we waisted time from the game and still didn't have a seat. I was still determined to find us good seats. We went a little closer towards the center of the dome, about the 10 yard line. No one was guarding the entrance. Joe and I discussed going in for a min. He wasn't so sure about it. I didn't care. I knew Joe wanted to watch this game in a decent seat and not have a discusting smell bothering him. So we walked in & up and sat down. Joe asked the people around us if they walked in and sat down too. They had. This doesn't make it right but the seats were not being used so might as well make the best of what we could. Plus I could argue that Joe would have been straining his neck to look down at the game instead of at eye level.

3 comments:
No, I didn't see you on tv...but I'm glad you got good seats. Michael looks sick, did he do ok?
Nice job with the seats! I totally would have done the same thing and Dirk would have been annoyed and upset and embarrassed that I was being so insistent on getting a better deal- but in the end he would have been happy I did! Hey- if no one else was sitting there, I say they're free game!
How fun is that. Football games have so much energy.
It looks so sunny and warm there!!
Post a Comment