photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baby girl gifts


I recently finished a baby gift for a friend that moved earlier this year.  She's due in January (with a GIRL!) so I wanted to finish & mail her gift by Thanksgiving.  I made my deadline by getting into my crafty sewing groove a week before.  Since she's received her package (thanks for the sweet call yesterday Laura) I can now share with you all the cute things I made especially for her baby girl, Ginny. Although I did buy a few things like a dress that called me by name (not pictured).  It was completly Laura's style and I couldn't resist.  I also included a cute onsie cookie cutter(also not pictured).  Yes, I completely spoiled her but I loved doing it!  It's her first girl plus she spoiled me when Michael was born.

 I do have to give credit where credit is due.  I had help from online tutorials.  I have to say that I absolutely love online tutorials!  I can try to make just about anything since it's like someone is right there showing me exactly what to do.  Please don't think you can't do it because you can!   

Here are the tutorials I used to complete my gifts: Tutu, Made Market Skirt, Ribbon Blanket.
For the applique onsies I used Wonder Under Transfer Web (I found at Hobby Lobby) and Aleene's Stop Fraying (found at JoAnn's).

Lets inspire each other to try new things.

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Wow Kels! Good job! If I ever have a baby girl, I want you to make her a tutu:)

The Mom Tobler said...

What cute clothes! If I were your mom I'd be so proud of you...heck, we are as good as family...Great job!

Ashleigh said...

WOW!! these are so cute. They turned out great. Now You need a baby girl so you can spoil her rotten too!

Anonymous said...

Great job Kels. I am even more impressed you figured out how to do it all by yourself. Everything is really adorable. Mom Oh and I agree with Ashleigh.

Janet said...

Love it!!!! Her little girl is going to look so cute in these outfits, I really love the tutu!!

Dani W said...

Oh how fun!!! I LOVE all of the fun things you made!!! :) You did an awesome job and she is going to be a very well outfitted little girl! I am def going to have to try and tackle these projects! I am sure livie will love the ribbon blanket! :)

Riggs Familia said...

so stinkin' cute. can you make me one?! seriously. i miss being able to wear a tutu :)