photo 3b823d4d-eced-4d1c-9d5a-8c7a585c4683.jpg

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Camping

Friday we went camping at a state park near by with a large group of friends from church. We got there pretty late but just in time to set up camp before it got too dark. We forgot our camping chairs and lost some time there. I saw fireflies for the first time and was able to share that with Michael. We had fun eating s'mores and sitting around a campfire with friends telling stories. I ended up holding Michael on my lap in my chair until he fell asleep. We wandered back to our campsite around 1:30am. I didn't get any pictures from Friday but here are a couple from Saturday morning before we took off. Joe was hurting from sleeping on the ground. I felt like I slept an hour. Michael slept the best and only woke up a few times but went back to sleep quickly. We were happy to be back home early enough in the day for us to all take naps. We had a lot of fun the time we were there and hope to go again sometime. Michael absolutely loved being outside the whole time and didn't have any complaints! I think now that we've actually gone camping with Michael we know that we can do it. So hopefully we will! We just need a bigger tent.


9 comments:

Sally F said...

We had a fun time, too. Wish we all could have visited a little more, though. Maybe next time!

Dani W said...

Oh how fun!!! I was so worried that camping with a young one would be too hard but you and katy both went camping recently... so there is hope!! YAY! You will definitely need to take pictures next time.

Bethany said...

What a neat experience. I wondered the same thing, why haven't I gone camping before? It's hard with little ones. They keep you on your toes. You should try camping for 2 nights next time and yes, a larger tent. And an air matress for you. Just start organizing a large bin together in advance of all your camping needs and when the time comes, it is all together.

Ashleigh said...

How fun!! I love camping and am so excited to go this summer. I know what you mean about needing a bigger tent. We have one that same size and it is just too small. That is so cool that you gt to see fire flies. That is something we didnt really get to see growing up in tri-cities.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Kids love camping, you are creating great times for your little guy.

Kori said...

How much fun! Boys love camping. Colby looks forward to it more than anything else. It is a good excuse to get nice and dirty.

Riggs Familia said...

He looks so handsome holding his squirt bottle thingy majig. Yea for camping! I'm always surprised how well kids do while camping....makes life so much easier! Glad you had fun!

jamiegilson said...

We had a blast too and it was so good to see you guys there. I'd forgotten about Joe's back hurting but yes that wouldn't make it a very fun night. Glad you guys had a good time though and were able to recuperate. I'm just craving more camping.

Melissa and Bryan said...

How fun! I want to take Aiden camping this summer! I think he would love it! It looks like Micheal had a great time!